नतिजे आते है, हमे चौंकाते हैं! Common man’s commentary on the General Elections 2024.


 ‘Tera Kangana Kangana Kangana..’ Ronjoy was singing with a cryptic smile on his face, as he entered my study.

‘What happened Babu Moshai, looks like Priti is in Pune.’ I guessed.

‘No Sanju sir, if she was here in Pune, why would I be here with you!’

‘You have a point, but if not Priti, then Who?’ I tried to mimic the high-decibel TV News anchor emphasizing the word, WHO.

‘It’s Kangna..Kangana Run Out or shall I say Knock Out!’

‘Oops! I did not think you were mentioning her.’ I replied and shut my laptop down.

‘What a slap sir,’ I interrupted Before Ronjoy could complete his sentence.

‘But it’s not fair to mock her, not only her but anybody who is physically assaulted.’

‘I know, but somewhere, an average Indian like me feels that she deserved it. It's her karma.’

'Is that because you are a Hrithik fan? I quipped.

'Now you are mocking Sirjee,'

‘Hahaha.’

‘I think every Indian is against Kangana,’ Irfan expressed with a high five to Ronjoy. 

Amitabh was also with him when he entered my study.

‘Hey, why are you guys troubling that poor lady, already her movies are getting flops’ Amitabh showed some sympathy towards the actor.

‘She really deserves it, Amit.’ Ronjoy replied, ‘You remember how she tried to use Sushant Singh Rajput’s death to target the entire Bollywood Industry.’

‘Exactly, now she is getting the taste of her own medicine. Just because she has become MP, she thinks she’s the Queen,’ Irfan opined.

‘That was the case with every MP from the ruling party starting right from the PM,’ Ronjoy expressed.

‘Yes, remember that slogan, Abki baar, 400 paar,’ Irfan commented.

‘But still, they are forming the government,’ Amitabh clarified.


‘Of course, without a majority,’ Irfan replied.

‘But do you think it will make any difference?’ I asked curiously.

‘I don’t think so,’ Amitabh replied.

‘I think it will be a different game this time.’ Ronjoy opined.

‘Me too. Hopefully, the arrogance in governance will not be there this time.’

‘Guys, it’s not the arrogance, it was the confidence.’ Amitabh said.

'Oh! Really?' Irfan stood up from his chair.

‘Ok, you guys carry on. I will get some kahwa for you, but I am listening,’ I said, and I went to the side pantry of my study.

‘There’s a difference between confidence and overconfidence, Amit,’ Irfan pointed out.

‘I agree with Irfan, In Bengal, it was the overconfidence that sank the ruling party’s ship. Ronjoy explained.

‘I seriously don’t understand why people voted for the Bengal CM’s party despite the Sandeshkhali issue’ Amitabh wondered.

‘Hey Amit, being a Bong, I can responsibly state that the Sandeshkhali issue was blown out of proportion by the mainstream media, just to give it a communal angle.’Ronjoy explained.

‘And what about the exploitation of women in Sandeshkhali?’ Asked Amitabh, as I came out with four cups of Kashmiri Kahwa.

 ‘Sandeshkhali is a case of land grabbing and not women exploitation unlike that Revanna case in Karnataka.’ Ronjoy clarified.

‘I guess, locals understood this and didn’t fall for the media propaganda’ I expressed.

‘Maybe, but I am surprised why the locals of Ayodhya rejected the ruling party despite the construction of Ram Temple?’ Amitabh exclaimed.

‘There is more than just the religious angle to it,' I explained, 'I had been to UP last month and when I asked the locals there, they expressed their displeasure on certain decisions of the Government that were made without taking the public in confidence.’

‘Exactly. The ruling party doesn’t even consider minorities as human beings, so why would it take them in confidence.’ Irfan was furious, ’They destroyed most of the pukka houses and shops of the poor people for the temple  road in Faizabad, I mean Ayodhya.’

‘Yeah, I heard about that. But is that the reason for the ruling party’s fall in the biggest state of India?’ Asked Ronjoy.

‘When you exclude a set of people from your canvas, they become indifferent,' I shared my view.

' And who can understand the pain of exclusion than myself? I felt excluded and betrayed when my company transferred me without asking me. I mean, at least they could have consulted me, but no. The reason- arrogance, sheer arrogance. And the result …I resigned from the job’ I explained my plight.

‘Hmmm, we understand.’ Amitabh seemed to be convinced, 'But no exit poll could predict this result.’

‘Yes, because humans are unpredictable creatures.’ I quipped.

‘That’s why, nateeje aatein hai, hume chaukaate hai..’ Ronjoy started singing to the tune of ‘Sandese aate hai’ song from the blockbuster, Border.

‘But these results have shown that people value democracy over the arrogance of power.’ Irfan concluded.

‘True. And more so if we can unite, we can change the world, despite challenges. Sometimes I imagine, if the plants could vote, we humans would not be cutting trees without asking them and it could save the planet from the present global warming challenge.’

Sirjee, aapke Charan kahan hai!’ Amitabh bent to touch my feet, as I prevented him from doing so.

‘No, I am not joking, we need to create awareness in people about real issues like environment, global warming, job creation etc. If today's generation keeps doing Hindu-Muslim, the next generation will suffer from issues like water scarcity, heatwaves and floods. I hope your start-up will create that awareness.’

‘Of course, sirjee, we will try our best, but with your kind support.’ Ronjoy replied in a formal tone.

‘Hmmm. I will support you in your noble pursuit.’ I replied and went to the pantry with the empty cup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fast-charging EV Start-ups..

TamilNadu Express

My Affair with an EV!