Being a minimum guy…



Don’t be a minimum guy - is the favourite elevator pitch of every Manager in this ‘New World’. And if you are THE FAMILY MAN, you can very well listen to your boss who claims,

‘I aim for perfection and settle for excellence!’

The character from my upcoming book is also facing the syndrome of being a minimum guy in his new role…

Meet Sanjay alias Sanju…

 

‘I feel that my role is reduced to a minimum guy in this corporate job,’ Sanjay admitted with grief.

“That’s why we are asking you to join us, Sanju sir,” Ronjoy pleaded.

“Yes, you will get a role of your choice in our start-up, Sanju Bhai,” Irfan’s words had the honesty.

“But somehow, I feel it’s a big risk, Irfan,” Sanjay showed hesitancy.

“I guess it was a bigger risk leaving government job to settle for this corporate role.” Ronjoy opined.

“You are right, Ronjoy. It was a bigger risk to leave a job for which 50% of people of this country aspire. But I chose family over career then.”

“But joining us will not make you compromise on your family, Sanju Bhai” Irfan assured.

“In fact, you will be able to do things that you love, as ours is a social start-up.” Added Ronjoy.

“You are right. I really miss doing what I love here.  In the Government system, you can at least contribute to society and do something for people, if you wish. Over here, it’s only about you and your company.”

“Exactly. We know that you are not that typical nine to five government job person. I have seen you doing what people can just imagine in their dreams. Your contacts are very solid Sanju sir.”

“Thanks for your kind words. But having contacts is different from having power. Then I had the power to make a difference. Now I am just a corporate guy working for another private company. People may think I am rich, as I left a high post in a government job 20 years ahead of my retirement. But if that was the case, I wouldn’t have landed here as a minimum guy.”

“Frankly speaking, I also used to think that you are a super-rich person. Everyone knows that government officers at key post make good money. But after knowing you, my thoughts have changed,” Ronjoy admitted, “By the way, how many government officers in administration are MBA like you?”

“ Hahaha. I might be an MBA, but not from IIMs. And in Government office, it is more of a threat than an advantage. Many government employees who are plain graduates consider MBAs as over smart, they feel that the A in MBA stands for Attitude.”

“ Even if that A is for attitude, it is the most sought-after trait in the corporate. None of those government employees with plain graduation can get a job in corporate like you, Sanju Bhai.” Irfan opined.

“Now stop buttering me guys, I know what I am. Maybe I don’t know what I want at this stage of my career, but I am sure I’ll figure it out in some days. So, till that time, let me be a minimum guy.”

“Of course! We won’t coerce you to join us. You may take your time, Sanjay sir.”Ronjoy said.

“There is no hurry, Sanju Bhai. You can take your time. We can talk on this subject later.” Irfan said and left the cafeteria along with Ronjoy, while Sanjay was still contemplating on his next move.


To read excerpts from my latest novel, Affairs @ Corporate, please visit:

https://affairsatcorporate.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

आपको हमारी कसम लौट आईये.. (Aapko hamari kasam laut aayiye)

I am not a Bhakt, I am a Proud Hindu!

TamilNadu Express